C9:5 What I Did On Easter

What we do for Easter is usually have the family get together. Our family party is usually at our house. We have food, a fire, games, and other stuff. I usually have a lot of fun with my family and friends that come over. My cousin and I usually always hang out, but this year was different. I don’t know if it’s because I go to the same school as her or if it is something else. All I know is she acted different. It was hard to explain how she looked and I tried to see what was wrong. Turns out nothing was wrong and we started hanging out for about ten minutes until she had to leave. After she left I did nothing but sing, because that’s what I love to do. I started to realize, we barely get to hang out. We might see each other right away, but it’s like we are growing apart. She has her friends and I don’t want her to forget about them, it’s just every time I ask her to hang out she “doesn’t” get the text and just goes over to a friends. Sad. Thats all I can say. But it was fun to see her not hanging out with our friends and ignoring me because she’s with her friends. It was like all I wanted to do was talk to her. That’s what I did on Easter.

I remember the day before Easter, I had to pack my easter basket. I told my mom I didn’t like Easter because I hate getting things. The same with Christmas. I like to get things, but it just feels like I got them without actually earning them. When I get something and I don’t have any part in paying for it, I don’t feel the pride as I do on things I would buy for myself. That is why I don’t like getting things on Easter or any holiday for that matter. I would also rather give then get.